Image via Pexels
Giving is one of the most important parts of a compassionate society. We strive to give back to the local community with gifts of time, donation, and caring. If you would like to give back to the community as well, these resources from Seal the Seasons will put you on the right path.
Turn Giving and Service Into a Career
Choosing a career based in service and compassion is the ultimate way to help the community.
- Educators make up the backbone of this and other communities, so become a teacher.
- You’ll need to look into licensure and education requirements to accomplish this goal.
- Another option is to work for a local non-profit organization in an in-demand position.
When changing careers isn’t an option, the next best thing may be to give some of your time.
- You may also be able to locate local volunteer openings via your United Way chapter.
- Websites like VolunteerMatch can also connect you with options in Durham, NC.
- Also, reach out to your neighbors. You never know who may be in need of acts of kindness.
Consider Donations of Goods or Money
Too busy to volunteer? That’s okay because you can still give back with donations.
- Use the same resources above to find local causes but research before giving
- Remember, every gift or dollar counts. So give what you are comfortable with.
- One of the best types of donations is food to food banks, many of which accept fresh produce.
- When your budget is tight, you also have the option of donating unused goods.
Connecting with your community and giving back to it isn’t just a noble cause — it’s a commitment we should all strive to make in the spirit of compassion and faith, especially when there are so many ways to help those who are less fortunate. You can choose a compassionate career, choose to give more of your time, or simply donate money or goods to a worthy cause.
To see some of the community partnerships that Seal the Seasons is proud to be a part of, check out our Partnership Page.